Alive Church NYC is a non-denominational Christian church that believes:
The Bible is flawless, true, and relevant today.
Jesus, is our Savior and loves us unconditionally.
The Holy Spirit is powerful and is with us daily.
- We believe the Bible is the word of God. It has authority and no errors. (I Corinthians 2:13; II Timothy 3:16)
- We believe in one God who exists in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14; 1 John 5:7)
- We believe all people are born in sin which results in separation from God and His purpose for their lives. (Romans 3:10, 23; 6:23; 14:23; James 4:17; I John 5:17)
- We believe Jesus Christ, our Savior, was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born through the Virgin Mary. This proves He is fully God and fully man. (Isaiah 7:14; 9:6; Matthew 1:21; Luke 1:26-35; John 1:18)
- We believe Jesus was sinless, died on the cross for our sins, rose again on the third day, and appeared to his disciples. His victory over sin and death empowers us for life. (Acts 1:20; Romans 4:25; I Corinthians 15:1-8)
- We believe Jesus ascended to heaven and will return as He promised. (Matthew 24; Mark 16:19; John 14:2-3; Acts 1:9-11; Philippians 2:5-11; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Hebrews 9:28)
- We believe only Jesus Christ can reconcile us to God. Salvation comes to sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the work of the cross. (Romans 5:11; Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:12, 22)
- We believe water baptism and being filled with the Holy Spirit enables us to use spiritual gifts which include speaking in tongues. (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:1-4; 8:14-17; 19:6)
- We believe in the healing of the body (Acts 4:30; Romans 8:11; I Corinthians 12:9; James 5:14).
- We believe in taking Communion. (I Corinthians 11:23-32)
- We believe in the public gathering of the Church together for prayer, worship, teaching and preaching of the bible. (Acts 2:1; Hebrews 10:25)
- We believe our eternal lives are determined by our response to the Lord Jesus Christ. (John 3:16, 5:24; Mark 9:43-48; II Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 20:10-15)